How to do TomTom Update?
MyDrive Connect emerges as an astonishingly simple solution for TomTom update. MyDrive Connect is a user-friendly application that guarantees quick and easy management for TomTom updates.
Step 1. Setup MyDrive Connect Application
To begin with the TomTom Update procedure, you are required to set up the MyDrive Connect application. In short, you have to download, install and activate the software for TomTom update.
- You can download MyDrive Connect from TomTom’s’ official website. After that, look for the download link specified for your operating system.
- For the MyDrive Connect setup installation, you need to open the downloaded setup file. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
After this, you are required to activate the MyDrive Connect set up to exploit the full potential of TomTom devices.
Step 2. Login To Your TomTom Account
- First of all, open the MyDrive Connect application that you have installed on your device.
- After that, you will be prompted to log in to your MyDrive account. For that, you have to enter the login credentials associated with the MyDrive Connect account.
- Consequently, click on the “Login” button to enter your account.
- In case, if you don’t have an account, go to the official website of MyDrive Connect. For that, click on the “Create Account” option. Follow the on-screen instructions in order to complete the process of account creation.
- Finally, log in to your TomTom MyDrive account.
Step 3. Connect Your TomTom Device To The Computer
- Thereafter, connect your TomTom device with the help of USB cable. Connect one end of the USB cable to your computer and another end to the TomTom device.
- Subsequently, turn on your computer.
- As a result, this connects the device to the system for TomTom update.
Step 4. TomTom Update Procedure
- After you log in to the MyDrive connect account. Therefore, the very first window will display the number of available updates on your screen.
- To begin with, click on the “My Content” option. You will get this option at the top left-hand side of the window.
- After that, click on the “Update Selected” tab. As a result, MyDrive connect will display what’s new with this update. Afterward, you must click on “Accept and Install” to continue with the TomTom update.
- However, it is likely that no software update is available on your device. This means the software of your TomTom navigation device is up-to-date. So, in that case, disconnect the device and skip the remaining steps.
- Consequently, the TomTom update will be downloaded and installed.
- As a result, the progress of the download and installation will be duly displayed throughout the process.
- You have to wait patiently, while the updates are installed properly. Here, it is important to understand that the actual time taken will be determined by the speed of your internet connection. Along with that, your system must be connected to the internet for the entire process.
- Subsequently, you will be notified with the “You’re ready to go” message.
- Then, click on “My Content” to return back to the opening window.
- Now, you must wait for the message that deems it safe to disconnect from the device. After that, do the needful.
Hence, this completes the TomTom update procedure.