Sometimes when you try to login with your TomTom account in order to connect to TomTom services, you might get any one of the following error messages:
- “We are having trouble accessing TomTom services. Please try again later.”
- “Oops, Something went wrong. Please try again.”
It becomes important to fix these errors quickly as only after resolving this error you can access the TomTom services. In order to resolve this error, you have to follow the troubleshooting steps given below. Make sure you follow each solution carefully to resolve the tomtom service error in no time.
Solution 1: Reset Your TomTom Device
If you are getting this error message on using the device for the first time, then you can try resolving it by performing the factory reset on your TomTom device. Resetting the device will remove all the settings and saved files. Hence, this might help you in fixing the error. For the factory reset, you can follow the process mentioned below.
- First of all, press the “Menu” button from the map view. You will get this option on the bottom-left corner of the TomTom device screen.
- Now, swipe the screen in order to locate the Settings option in the menu.
- Then, press the “Settings” icon.
- In the Settings option list, again swipe the screen and locate and tap the “Systems” option.
- Further, press the “Reset Device” option from the left-hand panel of the screen.
- After that, tap the “Reset” option again to initiate the factory reset process.
- If prompted, then press the “Reset” tab in order to confirm the deletion of saved places and settings.
- This will successfully reset your device. Wait for the device to start again. Now, follow the on-screen instructions to set up your device.
After the completion of the factory reset, you have to try to login into your TomTom account and check if the error got resolved or not.
Solution 2: Check Your Internet Connection
Even after resetting the settings, if the error persists, then there must be some issue with the internet connection. Hence, you must try checking your network connection. For this, follow the process given below.
- Firstly, tap the “Menu” option from the lower-left corner of the map view screen.
- Now, scroll the screen and locate the Settings icon from the menu list.
- Then, tap the “Settings” option to continue with the process.
- In the settings menu, press the “Wi-Fi” icon.
- Further, select your desired Wi-Fi connection from the list of available networks.
- Next, you have to enter the password for connecting your device with the selected network.
- After that, press the “Connect” tab.
- In case, the login information is already saved in the device, then, select the network connection. Then, press the “Modify” tab. In the next window, re-type the password in the empty field and tap the “Save” option.
In case your device is unable to connect to the WiFi network, then you can try connecting with your computer’s internet connection. For this, you have to connect the computer and device using the USB cable. Then, install MyDrive Connect on your computer. When you open the MyDrive Connect on your system, then, you can use your computer’s network connection on your TomTom device.