How to Update Your TomTom Devices using TomTom MyDrive Connect?
MyDrive Connect – Update Your TomTom Devices using the Software. Just Download, Install and Update TomTom Navigation Devices or Manage using TomTom Home.
Satellite Navigation systems have revolutionized our lives. From defense systems and aviation to sporting devices to navigation systems, GPS technology has penetrated deep into human existence. In fact, a world without GPS devices is now beyond imagination. While on side, these devices has added convenience to our busy on the go lives. On the other side, it demands regular and huge updates for accuracy. Henceforth, Tomtom offers a highly innovative and user centric solution for the users of it’s wide product range. This best in class solution is globally recognized by the name of MyDrive Connect.
What is MyDrive Connect?
MyDrive Connect is an advanced state of the art software application that aims to enhance user experience for it’s satellite navigation products. It facilitates connection between your desktop and your navigation device. This tool is primarily used for installation and updates of software’s, maps etc. on your device. Besides, you can also remove outdated maps saving your precious digital space. In short, it allows you to manage the content of your navigation device. Additionally, your navigation device is allowed to communicate with the MyDrive website.
MyDrive Connect is a free support application compatible with both Windows and Mac based platforms. It allows access to latest maps, software updates and possibility to renew services.
In order to enjoy world class sophisticated experience with Tomtom’s navigation products, it is recommended to get this wonderful application.
Although compatibility is not a big concern with this highly versatile software. Still it is advisable to review the specified system requirements before going for MyDrive Connect setup.
- Windows Vista and XP are compatible but not recommended as the performance can be hampered
- Windows 7
- Windows 8/8.1 except the RT variant
- Windows 10
- Intel based Mac OS 10.6 is compatible but not recommended for optimum performance
- Intel based Mac OS 10.7
- Intel based Mac OS 10.8
- Intel based Mac OS 10.9
- Intel based Mac OS 10.10
- Intel based Mac OS 10.11
- Intel based Mac OS 10.12
- Intel based Mac OS 10.13
- Intel based Mac OS 10.14
Unrestricted, high speed broadband connection is required for setup and updates. It must be noted that firewalls, antiviruses and pop up blockers can interfere with it’s performance. Hence, you are required to configure your system and connection router in a way to allow full internet access for MyDrive Connect.
Besides this, business networks usually set a lot of restrictions and access policies for varied purposes. As such, a practical solution should be implied to allow complete internet access for system to be installed with this application.
MyDrive Connect Set Up
MyDrive Connect setup is a convenient and simple procedure. In fact, any non-technical user can finish the setup by following some straightforward instructions. Before you begin with the actual process, it is suggested to make note of following concerns.
- Firstly, you should be completely sure of the fact that your system meets the specified requirements for the application.
- Secondly, you must have access to high speed uninterrupted internet connection throughout the entire process.
Download MyDrive Connect
MyDrive Connect is easily available free of cost for all the TomTom users. In fact, downloading it from the website cannot be more easy and time saving.
- Open Browser: First and foremost, you should open your preferred browser. For this, look for the browser icon like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Safari etc. on your monitor. Thereafter, click on it to open it. Additionally, you must ensure that you are operating the device where you wish to install MyDrive Connect.
- Open Website: Thereafter, you should open the official website for MyDrive Connect. For this, type in www.tomtom.com/en_in/mydrive-connect/ in the browser’s address bar and hit the Enter key of your keyboard.
- Select Operating System: Last step redirects you to the official website of MyDrive Connect. Here, you will find highlighted tabs for Download that are specific for different Operation System. For example, you have the option for Windows, Windows XP and Vista, Mac OS and Mac OS 10.6 to 10.9. You must carefully look for the one that corresponds to your Operating System.
In case, you are not sure about the details of your Operating System, you can very easily determine the same. Firstly, you need to know the brand of your Operating System i.e. whether you have a Mac or Windows platform. This can be done even without turning on your computer.
You must look for following things to confirm if you have Mac device.
- An Apple logo is displayed somewhere on your computer.
- Look at your keyboard for the Apple Command key.
- It will surely be a Mac device if you have purchased it from an Apple Store.
Alternatively, there is another way to narrow down your search for Windows or Mac options. For this simply turn on your computer. As the system boots up, a logo will be displayed. This solves the puzzle for you. A Windows logo means a Windows OS. And an Apple logo confirms you have a Mac device.
Thus, now you know your OS. But OS are available in multiple variants. Hence, you must check for the details of your OS for MyDrive Connect Download.
In case of Windows, you can find the details under Computer menu. For this, you should open the Start Menu. Look for the Windows icon on the bottom left corner of the screen. Click on it to expand it. Here, you have a list of various options. You right-click on Computer tab located on the right panel. This will open another window. Click on Properties to open the next window. Here, you will find the details of your Windows OS in the right panel.
Mac users should look for the Apple icon at the top left corner of the screen. Click on it to open the menu box. Here, click on About This Mac. This will open another window on your screen. It contains all the details about your OS and it’s version.
- Download: Finally, you are ready to initiate the download. Since, you have already determined your Operating System. Hence, you should now click on the corresponding Download tab to start MyDrive Connect Download.
- Save the File: Settings of your system will determine this step. You may be prompted to provide a designated location to save the downloaded file. Hence, provide a desired location after clicking Save As.
- Complete Download: You have done the needful for the download of MyDrive Connect. Hence, now you must wait for it to complete. It will take time depending on your internet speed. Meanwhile, you must keep your system connected to the internet till the download completes.
This concludes the download step of MyDrive Connect setup. Now you can safely proceed for the installation.
MyDrive Connect Installation
Installation procedure is Operating System specific. Hence, you must be particular in following the appropriate set of instructions. If you follow the correct set of instructions and consider the specified requirements, you should be able to complete installation with utmost ease.
Therefore, you must make note of the following requirements before initiating the actual process:-
- You should close all the running programs or applications on the device.
- Finally, your device must meet the minimum system requirements for MyDrive Connect installation.
Installation for Windows
- First and foremost, you should search the downloaded file on your device. Either located at system’s default download place or your preferred one, you must find the file. For this, open the file folder by clicking on the File icon from the taskbar at the very bottom of your monitor screen. Here, click on the Download folder under Favourites tab to open it. Once at the Download folder, look for MyDrive Connect setup file.
- Now right click the downloaded software file to open a list of actions.
- It will provide you with two options i.e. Open or Run. Since you want to install. Hence, click Run to initiate installation for MyDrive Connect.
- In case if “User Account Control” window appears, click Yes to grant permission for MyDrive Connect Installation.
- Thereafter, the next window will display the End User License Agreement. Review the agreement carefully before proceeding.
- Click “I Agree” to agree the terms and continue with MyDrive Connect Installation.
- Finally click Install on the following window for MyDrive Connect Installation.
- Last step will initiate the installation process for MyDrive Connect. This will take time depending upon the speed of your internet connection. Hence, wait for the same. Meanwhile, you must keep your system connected to the internet.
- Once the installation completes successfully, you will be notified for the same.
- Additionally, a pop up box will appear to confirm the settings for MyDrive Connect. Hence, you can select any of the available options and click OK.
- Restart your computer to confirm the changes made for the installation.
Installation for Mac
- First and foremost, you should search the downloaded file on your Mac. Either located at system’s default download place or your preferred one, you must find the file.
- For this, click the “Finder” icon in the “Dock” i.e. at the very bottom of your system.
- Now, click on “Go” from the Finder menu at the very top of your screen.
- Now, choose “Downloads” to open the “Your Downloads” folder.
- This should open another window i.e. Your Downloads folder.
- Thereafter, look for the recently downloaded MyDrive Connect setup file. Once located, right click on it to open the Installer.
- Subsequently click Continue on the next window.
- Following window will provide you with the link for End User License Agreement. Click on it to open it.
- You should carefully review the agreement and click Continue to return back.
- Thereafter, click on “I Agree” to accept the specified terms of license agreement for MyDrive Connect.
- Finally click on Install to initiate the installation process.
- A pop up box will appear to seek the administrator permission for installation. Hence, enter your Mac administrator login credentials correctly.
- Subsequently, click on “Install Software” to confirm your installation command.
- This will start the installation process. It will take time based on your internet speed. Hence, wait patiently while ensuring the system stays connected to the internet.
- You will be notified with a message about the success of the MyDrive Connect Installation.
- Click Close.
- Before the installer closes down, a pop up box to confirm settings will appear.
- Hence, select the appropriate settings and click OK.
- Restart your computer to confirm the changes made for the installation.
MyDrive Connect Activation
Activating MyDrive Connect is again an extremely simple and user centric process. It involves creating an account and then logging in to the account.
- Firstly, you should open your preferred internet browser on the computer.
- Now, you should open the MyDrive Connect website. For this, type in www.tomtom.com/en_in/mydrive-connect/ in the browser’s address bar. Then press the Enter key of your keyboard.
- This will open the required website. Here, you must create your account. For this, look at the top right corner of the window for the Profile icon. Click on it to expand it.
- You will be provided with multiple alternatives under the account menu. Click on Login.
- Next window allows you to either Log In or Create New Account. Click on Create One.
- This opens the account creation window. As such, you should fill in the required details correctly for account creation.
- Besides asking for your details, this window provides you the option to allow promotional content to be sent to your email address. You can select the box besides this option if you want promotional offers. If you wish to learn more about the same, click the link saying “How We Use Your Information”.
- Furthermore, you have a link for General Terms and Conditions. Click on it and carefully read through the terms. Close this window after reviewing the terms.
- Thereafter, click Create Account to proceed with MyDrive Connect activation.
- You will be notified after successful account creation on the webpage. Additionally, you will get the confirmation in your email account.
- Henceforth, you should go to your email account. For this open webpage of your email provider and login to your account.
- Under the Inbox section, you should look for the confirmation mail received from MyDrive Connect. Thereafter, open the mail.
- Click on the verification link provided in the mail. This creates the MyDrive Connect account successfully.
- Now, open the installed MyDrive Connect application by clicking the MyDrive Connect icon on your device.
- This should open the home page of MyDrive Connect user interface.
- It will prompt you to Log In. Therefore, do the needful.
- This brings you to the end of MyDrive Connect Setup procedure.